Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sequencing

I stopped by the teacher store the other day to pick up a few things, and found some sequencing card that I thought would be good for Hailey.  Before we even got to the car, however, Isabella had claimed the as hers and was very excited to work on putting the scenarios in order.  She really enjoyed not only putting them in order, but also telling a (very detailed and imaginative) story to go along with them.  

I have found that there are so many sequences (50) that they are difficult to keep organized, and I have to spend some time pulling out all of the cards that belong together.  Some of the sequences are very closely related (i.e. one sequence shows a girls wrapping a circular gift and another shows the same girl wrapping a square gift), and so you must pay close attention to them when you are organizing them.  Additionally, the sequences are printed on both sides, in a way that makes them even more difficult to sort.  I would probably look for some that were only printed on one side if I had it to do over again.

No comments: