Friday, July 24, 2009

It's All Coming Together!

It has been so nice to finally see Madeline reading and enjoying it.  All of the components seem to be coming together for her now.  She has now read two longer books.  Well, longer than the Bob Books she has been reading.  She finished "Mouse Soup" in a couple of sittings and then today I let her pick a new book from several that I had.  She chose "Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia."  She sat down with me and read the entire book with me.  She was so excited to find out what happened next that she even forgot in some parts that we were taking turns reading, and she just kept going.  She thought Amelia Bedelia was "just so funny!"  Luckily I have a few more Amelia Bedelia books, so I think we will continue reading them.  Hopefully the interest will hold for a while!  

No comments: