Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Art At Home

I think I have written before about the wonderful art class Madeline took this past year.  She really enjoyed it, and is looking forward to taking it again this next year.  Isabella is also looking forward to it as she will now be old enough, and I am even considering letting Hailey take a few classes herself since she has been saying that she would like to go to art class too. They do have a preschool class as well.  

I really think that art and creative expression is very important and I don't want the girls to think they have to wait for art class to do art, so not being a great artist myself I have located several art resources.  One that the girls really enjoy is Atelier.   It is a video-based program.  The girls spent more than an hour last night working on a lesson.  Truly they should have been in bed, but art won out.  The lesson involved the creation of work similar to Starry Night.  After they finished, Isabella wanted to do another lesson, so I let her choose another video lesson.  Madeline also decided she wanted to create more art.  She decided to go her own way and create her own artwork, entitled "A Sunny Day".

This is Hailey working on the swirls in her "Starry Night" picture.


Isabella working hard on her masterpiece.


Hailey's finished piece.


Isabella's picture.


Madeline's version of "Starry Night."


This is Hailey's picture "The H Family."


Isabella's "Cat in the Hat"


Madeline's "The Sunny Day"


Madeline's "The Little Flower"

No comments: