Monday, November 10, 2008

Science

So, we have done LOTS with biological science recently, but the others have kind of been neglected.  I have been looking for a good way to get in some physical science, which I know will also be covered in the "Moving Beyond the Page" curriculum that we are using, but I like to supplement.  I have located another homeschool blog,   http://tkrhomeschool.blogspot.com/, that I have found has some great ideas, some of which I have already used, such as the nature study.  They are using a book by David Macaulay, The New Way Things Work, paired with some K'Nex Education sets.  The book has some videos that go along with it, which are available at our library.  I have decided to give it a shot.  I have purchased the book and reserved the videos at the library.  I will let you know what we think.

No comments: