Friday, November 14, 2008

More on Isabella's Writing

As I noted in a post yesterday, Isabella had been really quite reluctant to write.  So, I noticed on a post from the Adventure's in Homeschooling blog, which I recently mentioned as well, a link to Startwrite, so I thought I would check it out.  They have a free trial, meaning you can use the software for one use without purchasing it.  Tonight I got my chance to try it out.  

I wanted the girls to do some writing, so I went to the Startwrite site.  I asked Isabella to dictate to me what she wanted to write on our topic.  She did.  I typed them into the program.  The program created a page for her with her words on it, in dashed letters for her to trace over.  The program allows me to choose the font that I want to use, including an option for a Handwriting Without Tears font, as well as whether to use dotted, dashed, or solid letters.  It also has an option for making the color of the letters darker or lighter.

Isabella was absolutely tickled to be able to write her own words.  She willingly sat and traced her paragraph.  She was soooooo proud of her work.  We put it up on the refrigerator!  We will definitely be using this program again!


No comments: