Monday, March 15, 2010

What Am I Reading?

I wrote a bit about working to become a better parent and a stronger family in my last post.  I thought I would post some of the books I have read recently in this area.  The longer I homeschool the clearer it becomes that our parenting and our homeschooling are intertwined here, and become more and more inseparable by the day.  Some of these books would probably be categorized more as parenting books than homeschooling books,  but the longer I homeschool the clearer it becomes that our parenting and our homeschooling are intertwined here.  They become more and more inseparable by the day.

Here they are:


Actually, I read this one quite a while ago, but it is one of my favorites, so I felt the need to include it.














This is the book I am currently reading and really enjoying.  While I am not totally at the point of raising my children without religion, I think this book has a lot of good points about helping children in their own explorations and teaching them to think for themselves and make their own informed decisions.

This book is the companion to the above mentioned "Parenting Beyond Belief."  I have skimmed it, but am looking forward to a more in depth look soon.











I just recently finished  this book, and while I did find it to be insightful, I did not care for the format.  It is essentially a collection of lectures given by the author.  I recommend it, but I think it is important to note that it is a compilation, not a single work.









I am, however, looking forward to reading this John Taylor Gatto book, which is next on my list.  I have heard fabulous reviews!

No comments: