Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mid-Missouri Activities - part I

As a homeschooling parent, I spend LOTS of time scouring resources to find activities that I think would be of interest and value to my children.  I just thought that I would post some of the fall activities I have found for our area here, for anyone reading from our area.  This is by no means a comprehensive list, nor is it a list of recommendations, nor am I certain which of these activities we will participate in.  I am just posting the things I have found.  A few of these are for St. Louis and Kansas City.

Columbia Art League - Exhibitions and Classes
Their current exhibit is the Missouri Watercolor Society Members' Invitational, through October 11.

University of Missouri Museum of Anthropology classes.  4-6 pm on the 1st 2 Thursdays of the month.  October's classes are on Brazil and Novembers are on The Arctic.  The same class is repeated both weeks.

University of Missouri Museum of Art & Archaeology classes.  Their next event is the "Kids Sunday Event: Egyptian Goddesses to European Queens" on October 11.  Pre-registration is required.

Youzeum Homeschool Programming on the first and third Thursdays of the month.  Pre-registration is required.

Laws Observatory open every Wednesday night from 8-10pm.

Walk-About Acres

St. Louis Science Center has many activities, including camp-ins.

Monday, October 5 - Bunraku Japanese Puppet Theater at Jesse Auditorium.  Part of the University of Missouri Concert Series.  Actually there are many concerts this year in a wide range of genres.  Check them all out here.

Union Station in Kansas City has homeschool days October 13-16.  They also have many exhibits that would be of interest to homeschooling families.

Monday, October 26 - "Bowfire" at Jesse Auditorium.  Part of the University of Missouri Concert Series.

I have more to list, but I want to get this posted since one of the events is tomorrow!  I will post more later.

No comments: