Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ladybugs

So, I did forget to take my camera to Madeline's dance class today.  I will have to remember next week!  I did, however, get some pictures of the girls doing the nature study today on ladybugs.  They were really interested in watching the ladybugs walk, and studying them.  Some of the ladybugs were very anxious to fly away, while others were very content to stay and let the girls pick them up and observe them.  When I was first considering adding nature studies to our curriculum I really though Madeline would be the most fascinated by them.  It has been Isabella, however, who has shown the most interest during the two nature studies we have done thus far.  She has even really wanted to extend them further.  They really have been a hit with all of the girls, however!

Here is Madeline drawing in her nature study journal.  She must include the sky, sun, and grass in all of her pictures.

Isabella really got into the nature study!

Even Hailey wanted to participate in the activities.

This is Isabella's finished journal entry.  I was impressed that she accurately had 6 legs and showed wings.  She had to follow Madeline's lead on the sky, sun, and grass.  
As you can see, we did not get to add any words to our work today as I had planned.  We just ran out of time.  Maybe next time!

No comments: