Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Nutcracker

As a follow-up to our trip to the Nutcracker ballet, we have been listening to the CD of the Nutcracker that we purchased at the show, and reading this book.  

The pictures in this book are great, and it really simplifies the story.  The girls ask to have it read over and over again!  

Also, I found a recording of the Nutcracker, thanks to Tracie's Adventures in Homeschooling blog.  You can find it here.  I am looking forward to using it with the girls to compare and contrast the two versions of the story.

I was particularly happy to find all of these recordings since we just decided to take the girls to Walt Disney World in February, and I think I will download some of them for use on the plane ride.  Included in these recordings is a version of Peter and the Wolf, Madeline, and Alice in Wonderland.  I do plan to preview them myself as I sometimes find that some of the older recordings contain things that I do not think are appropriate.  



No comments: